Monday, February 8, 2016

Showers of Blessings

Good Morning.   It is Shirley posting today.  I have made a card for the Classy Cards Challenge 123.  We are to be inspired by the inspiration picture and it has lots of lilac colors.

I started with a ilac card base, layered it with the vanilla card stock and the rain designer paper.  When I started my card, I had the cutest piece of designer paper with rain, umbrella's, rain boots and clouds.   As you can tell, I covered all of those things up with the elements I added to my card.   I cut a scalloped square from vanilla card stock.  The next layer was cut with the Spellbinders Decorative Curved Square die.  I sponged distress ink over it and stamped a sentiment from the Our Daily Bread Designs Showers of Blessings stamp set.  I popped the sentiment up on the card using Joy Foam Pads Small.

I cut the umbrella with the Spellbinders Umbrella Trio.   The heart was made using the Memory Box Precious Hearts die.

I added the rose lace at the bottom of the card and added pearls for the finishing touch to my card.  

Thank you for joining us today.  

Watch for a new price decrease and more categories added to our store closing sale later today!

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

What a wonderfully encouraging card - those layers are so complimentary and your rose lace and frilly umbrella are terrific embellishments!! This is really going to brighten up someone's day!!