Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blossoms Birthday

Our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such is Lilacs and Lace.  Mindy here, with my interpretation of th e inspirational photos from our blog.  I die cut a few tiny flowers and formed them into what I think a lilac blossom would look like, I have never seen one in person.  They don't grow well here where I live in Texas. 


I found an intricate lace doily that I had die cut previously, and adhered it to a background paper that fit my card base.  Then using the Hummingbird by Stacy Stamps, I stamped the bird and flower bunch on some watercolor paper and colored in with watercolor markers. While the watercolor was drying, I die cut two passes of the Tiny Flowers die cut by Impression Obsession and cupped them on my Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat available in the Classy Cards Online Store.  I hand-cut three shapes that look like a cluster of lilac, and then used my Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere each flower. While the clusters were drying, I die cut around my stamping with a Labels Eighteen by Spellbinders then attached the three lilac blossoms.

Some lace, pearls, and rhinestones were added for bling, and the sentiment from Hope and Love Vintage Labels Eight and Nine from JustRite Stamps were added to complete the card.  I hope you have enjoyed my card, and will visit with us again for more card inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: