Monday, February 1, 2016

Beautiful Valentine

Hi, it is Shirley here today with a card for the brand new challenge here at Classy Cards 'n Such. We are to make card with red/ white or pink/ white hearts. I decided on using red and white hearts plus I added in a little silver. Let's get started on my card.


I started by using a white glossy c ard stock.  I added a layer of red foil card stock.  I used a die to cut the lacey edge using more of the white glossy card stock and added another layer of red foil card stock.  I used Spellbinders Vines of Passion heart die to cut the white heart, but you could easily use the Memory Box LaRue Heart, as well.  I popped it up on the red foil card stock using Joy Foam Pads Small.   The silver heart and vine was cut using the Impression Obsession Heart Flourish die.   I cut it in three pieces to place around the white heart.  This die always looks nice on cards.  It seems to give them an elegant look.

I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere all the card pieces together.  I added pearls on two of the corners from Finesse Swirls White Pearls.

I hope you liked my card.  I apologize for the picture of it, it was very hard to get a good photograph of it in my lighting.  Be sure and make your heart card to enter in our challenge.  We love seeing all of your cards.


There have been a lot of other die cuts added to the store closing sale and they are going fast!   Click here for details!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...







Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

GAH!!!! Let me tell you, this card not only caught my eye, but very nearly dragged me into the monitor so I could get a better look!! It is stunning and such a beautiful blend with the glossy white and red foil accented with the silvery heart flourish - took my breath away!! Boy, is this ever a REGAL Valentine!!