Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Rose is A Rose

Welcome friends, Mindy with you to share my sample card for our Weekly Challenge # 125 - Aqua and Coral, make a card or project using the colors aqua and coral.  I started with a background patterned paper from the pad Time to Flourish by Graphic 45. The pad is broken down by months so that you can make your own calendar or celebrate an occasion by-the-month.


It just so happens that the paper for June, my birth month, is aqua with coral and pink roses on it. My favorite flower has always been the rose, so I featured one of the Framed Floral Stamps by Stacy Stamps, Rose to be the focal image of my card.  I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored it with watercolor markers. I was able to shade the roses to give them depth and dimension using the watercolor markers and a water pen. I also die cut a party bow and shaded it with the coral color.

To complete my card, I added a tiny tag with the sentiment, Hello, stamped from the Floral Vintage Labels Two by JustRite Stamps and a few Poinsettia Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest.  I hope you will join in with your submission to make this final card challenge one of the best!
I've just increased the discount on the close-out sale for the Classy Cards shop!   Be sure to take advantage of it!   Details here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: