Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Vintage Valentine

Good Morning, friends. Mindy with you today.  Our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such is using Neutrals for your card or project.  Neutral or natural colors are usually considered earth tone colors. Using this monotone color palette is so much fun, and really makes for a classy looking card. I hope you enjoy this beautiful card suitable for weddings, birthdays and even Valentine's Day!



I think my card looks vintage with the white and off white shades of card stock I used for the layers and dies. I used four different heart shaped dies for the Valentine theme of my card. 

I used:
Heart Flourish by Impression Obsession,
Heart of Hearts  by Impression Obsession,
Conversation Heart Block by Impression Obsession, and
Love You Heart by Impression Obsession.

Using the darker beige card stock I cut the Heart of Hearts die, and let the light beige stock of my card base show through.  All of the little innies pieces were saved for additional add-ons later.  I then cut the Heart Flourish and Love You Heart dies and adhered them over the top of the background to cover the front of the card.  I used my favorite clear glue, Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive, to adhere the many layers of die-cuts and tiny heart shapes, then added foam tape to the background stock to give the card dimension. A heart shaped pearl button was attached to the center of the Heart Flourish to finish the card.

I hope you have enjoyed this card.  It shows that with just a few dies, a few different shades of card stock, and an embellishment or two, you can make a classy card look elegant and festive.

We've made it easy for you to find our future challenges!  Click  on the Challenge Calendar tab on the right side of the blog. All of the challenges are listed through February 2016!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...






Pin It

2 comments:

Pamellia said...

You have a restriction on your Linky that requires a .com backlink, but as a Canadian, my links are automatically .ca.

This means that I cannot enter your challenges. Any chance you would be willing to change that?

I have commented about this before and I've never heard back from anyone...????

Beverly Bohannon said...

The backlink required is to the challenge post on this blog. We frequently have non-US entries with no problem.

Beverly