Monday, September 14, 2015

Color Blocks Thanks

Hello!  Diana here to show you my take on this week's challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog. I just love the colors and textures in the inspiration photo.


I first die-cut the large stitched die from MFT Blueprints 13, then embossed with a chevron embossing folder. I then stacked the colors from the inspiration photo onto a sheet of typing paper, and die-cut the large banner from the same MFT Blueprints 13 set. I used the Memory Box Fresh Foliage twice - once on the color block tag and another on white card stock, so that I could piece them back together for an in-laid die-cut.  I love it that the Fresh Foliage extends beyond the tag.

Tip: I found an easier way to do the in-laid die-cutting. I used to glue all the pieces down individually.Now I use a thin sheet of typing paper and cover it with an adhesive, using Scor-tape around the edges, and anywhere there might be smaller pieces.  I then alternate between the background pieces and the actual die-cut so that I don't mess up my spacing.  Any tiny pieces that I might not adhere well, I add a bit of Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. After all that work - you don't want any pieces falling off in the mail! 

My last bit of embellishment is to add a scripty 'Thanks', covered in ultra thick embossing powder adhered to the bottom of my card with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I hope you can join us for our challenge this week!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







   
Pin It

1 comment:

Taunya Butler said...

This is so very stunning and just such a lovely color combo!! Excellent technique!!!