Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Special Gift

A special gift ~ from me to you!

Good afternoon friends, Mindy here to share another special card great for parties of any kind. I had some of my Spritz and Sprinkle background left over from my challenge card this week, and thought I would use it to make another party card for our 100th challenge.


The background was made on watercolor paper, with the spritz and sprinkle technique using Ken Oliver's Color Bursts. These are a very vivid pigmented color powder that we now sell all twelve colors of in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store.

I used Alizarin CrimsonMerlot, and Yellow Ochre to spritz and sprinkle on the paper, after I laid down my Mini Ring Doily plastic stencil from the Crafters Workshop. I then misted with water and lifted the plastic stencil to view the white outline made from the stencil, protecting the paper from the pigmented ink.

While the background was drying, I die cut the Rose Doily #4 from Prima, out of white card stock and adhered it to the background with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with Metal Tip.

I then stamped the Flower Gift Boxes stamp from Impression Obsession, and colored it in with fine tipped markers. I fussy cut around the box stack and adhered it to the background with Joy! Large Foam Pads to give it depth and dimension.

I added a banner with a sentiment from Keep in Touch, Too stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and a few assorted Pearls to finish my card. 


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

1 comment:

Taunya Butler said...

Fun card with pretty and awesome details!!