Thursday, July 2, 2015

Watered Honey Blossom Sprig

Hello, it's Diana! I just love dies - so much that sometimes I don't even add a stamp! Today I have another card to share with you that is all dies. I like these type of "blank" note cards because then I can send them for any reason. It's also simple enough to add a stamp inside later on if I want it for a specific purpose. 



I started my card with a teal base and a white stitched layer using MFT Blueprints 13. I think I use this die at least once a week! I had some watercolor paper left over, from when I played with the bubbles and soap with my son. With watercolor paper, I always use the strongest adhesive I have, because sometimes, it looks like it will stay but I've noticed that after a couple of weeks, it might pop up here or there.

I wanted something similar to a bokeh background, so I used the stitched circle dies  to cut out three overlapping circles.

I then added a white, Memory Box Honey Blossom Sprig on top of the circles. So I used my Scor-tape, just to make sure it stays put. Finally, I added some Clear Dew Drops, and Water Dew Drops, to give the impression of morning dew.


Instead of just lining my envelope with a matching stitched white base, I decided to die cut out of the white, the Honey Blossom Sprig. I carefully glued back the white portions that are not attached to the large rectangle, (by replacing the sprig die cut temporarily). Similar to leaving in all the puzzle pieces, and taking out the sprig when done. I love how something so simple can add such elegance to the inside of the card - a great surprise for the recipient.


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







 


Pin It

No comments: