Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dream Come True

Mindy posting a card today that reminds me of  a special time in my life, going on a picnic with my family.  We loved to take day trips, that were not too far from home, but would be like a "mini" vacation on the weekends.

Our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such, is #93 Summer Picnic using the colors of Kraft, Red, and White.


I started my scenic card by die cutting the Woodland Tree Silhouette die by Memory Box, from Kraft card stock, and then ran it through the Bricks and Bark embossing folder by Spellbinders, to give it texture. I highlighted the bark embossing with ink, so the texture would show more before adding the leaves from Impression Obsession and the Leaf Cluster die. 

The blanket grouping was assembled next. The jug of lemonade made from the Small Canning Jar by Memory Box, Carolers and Kite die cut set from Impression Obsession. 

There were a few add-on embellishments that were either leftovers from other cards, (white flowers, title strip), or hand cut (lemonade glasses). The grass cluster stamp and multi colored twine were both from my stash. 

I want to thank you all for looking at my card, and hope a small bit of it inspires you to create a card of your own to enter in our challenge. 

Be sure to check out the requirements listed under Current Challenge, they are very important to follow, because we love to see what you come up with!



If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 





  

Pin It

No comments: