Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wedding Cake

Happy Wednesday! It's Jenny today sharing a card for
the new June Bride Wedding Challenge.

The inspiration card was gorgeous, and I toyed with the idea of making a garden scene, but my wish to use this Impression Obsession Wedding Cake die won out. I love the little cake topper couple and the fun decorating bits.


I began by cutting the cake out of Cryogen White Curious Metallic paper.  It's difficult to see in the photo but this touch can turn a simple card into an elegant card.  I glued on the little details that came with the cake, cutting the edges of the scallops so they fit on the bottom cake layer.  They were sponged with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and my Mini Ink Blending Tool.  I also used this tool to color the center of the rectangle frame behind the cake.

The cake was adhered to the beautiful Joy Crafts Frame and Three Corners using Joy Crafts Large Foam Pads.  The Rectangle Frame was also cut with Cryogen White Curious Metallic.  It was then layered on top of a piece of patterned paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper Pad. The design paper was backed with pink card stock and then a Cryogen White Curious Metallic A2 card base.

I added a bit of twine from my stash, Baby Pink Pearls and some super tiny pearls from my stash to add a little glamour.

Thanks for looking and don't forget there's still time to join in this week's challenge!


Check out all the new fun dies, stamps and more in the NEW section. 

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...


 

Pin It

No comments: