Friday, June 19, 2015

Tomorrow's Forecast

Hello, Shirley here today! We all have someone in our lives that are suffering from an illness,  loss of a loved one, a setback in life or something that they need encouragement for.

The card I made to share with you today is perfect for any of these trials in life.  It is a feminine card, but one could make some changes and have one with more of a masculine feel.


My card base is made of white card stock.  I used a die in my collection to create the pretty border.  I used lavender card stock behind the border to give it some color.

I used the Spellbinder Umbrella Trio die to make my lavender and white umbrella. The lavender bow was made using Memory Box Precious Mittens die. 

The decorative layer I made for the sentiment was made using the Spellbinder A2 Divine Eloquence die.  I used the umbrella trio die to make the decorative piece at the top of the die cut to dress it up.

The butterfly at the bottom was cut using the Memory Box Willoughby Butterfly Wings die.

I attached all of the die cuts using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. 

As a finishing touch to my card I used White Pearls and Lavender Rhinestones.

Thank you for joining us today.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details.  Come and join the fun!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...





Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

As always, you amaze me with your layouts, Shirley! Love how you combined the Divine Eloquence with the Umbrella and Bow dies, along with that pretty border - everything looks so delicate, and the color of lavender makes this so feminine! Love that upbeat sentiment too!! HUGS!