Monday, May 11, 2015

Your Love, O Lord

Hello, Diana here today! For the Loves Me, Loves Me Not challenge this week, I went with a blue and white color combination.



I started with a blue card base, then added a white layer, using the largest Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. Next I used a blue card stock, which was die cut using Sue Wilson Spanish Collection - Seville Die.  The ornate layer was bigger than my A2 card base, so I trimmed off a portion of the center.  Don't worry!  I knew ahead of time that I would be adding a few embellishments to cover the seam line.

My Bible verse from ODBD Faith set, was stamped in blue,  and then heat embossed using Clear Detail embossing powder. I centered the Spellbinders Oval, and applied Joy! Small Foam Pads, to pop it up from another Spellbinders Floral Oval.

My daisies were made using two sizes of daisy punches from my supplies, and curled using Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit. I arranged and trimmed off leaves, from Memory Box Fresh Foliage, as a base for my daisies. The foliage helps to hide the seam line for my shortened blue lacy layer. I then adhered my stacked ovals to the center of my card, and added White Baby Pearls to the center of my daisies.

It sounds like a bunch of steps but this was actually one of my quicker cards.  Die cuts are amazing!


You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog, and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 







  
Pin It

1 comment:

Dorothy S said...

This is such a pretty setting for that wonderful verse. I sometimes struggle with using blue - not sure why! Thank you for sharing.