Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yellow Rose

This week's challenge at Classy Cards n' Such blog is Simply Yellow.  We are to use the color yellow as our focal image, so I thought of  the Yellow Rose of Texas. It is an iconic remembrance of The Lone Star State, along with the title of a great song.

Mindy here, with a rosy wish from my home state.



The focal image of my card is from the Rose stamp set from Stacy Stamps. It is a diagonal stamp that reaches from corner to corner which I colored with Distress Ink Markers, including Peeled Paint, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mustard Seed. I stamped the image on watercolor paper, and then blended the marker colors within the rose shape using my Tim Holtz Water Brush from Ranger.  After the watercolor was dry, I touched each with a little gold and sparkle to really make them shine.

For the background, I cut the largest stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 13 Die-namics from My Favorite Things, and topped it with a metallic card stock embossed with the Daisy Flourish embossing folder by Crafts Too! I then attached the Roses cut with Joy! Foam Pads-Large, and tucked a die-cut tag of the state underneath with The Yellow Rose of Texas printed on it. To complete the card, I tied a piece of twine around the Panhandle and added a couple of the Poinsettia Dew Drops by the Robin's Nest for accent.

I hope you are inspired by my fellow design team members to create an entry to our weekly challenge.  We would love to see what you create.


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

No comments: