Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Scene

Hi, it's Jenny posting today with a card for our latest Classy Cards 'n Such Bunnies Rule challenge.  I purchased a few new dies recently and wanted to create a scene.  I hope you like the result.

 

First I cut the baskets and then colored them using distress ink and my Mini Ink Blending Tool. Classy Cards sells a larger Memory Box Bountiful Basket that's on my wishlist and could create a similar look.

I cut multiple layers of grasses, also colored those with distress ink and Mini Ink Blending Tool and then nestled the baskets into the grass.  I used a lot of Joy Foam Pads on this project, anywhere I needed a little dimension. The grass right under the fence was popped up with Joy Foam Pads as was at least one other layer of grass.

 


I thought I would add two lists for you. One is for the actual dies I used. The other list is for substitution's from the CCNS store. All the links will be at the very bottom of this post.

Supplies
Impression Obsession Small Grass Border
Impression Obsession Grass
Impression Obsession Leafy Branch
Joy Foam Pads
Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit

Similar CCNS Items
Memory Box Bountiful Basket
Poppystamps Country Fence
Memory Box Springtime Bunnies
Memory Box Puffy Clouds

I cut the bunnies, similar to Memory Box's Springtime Bunnies Set, sponged a small amount of distress ink on them, and used Foam Pads to situate them in between the grasses. The chicks were cut, sponged with ink and tucked into the basket.  I added black dots for eyes on all the animals.

The Impression Obsession Leafy Branch die was cut twice.  I sponged color on them and then layered one on top of the other.  The bottom layer was completely glued down tight while I only glued the branches of the top layer so I could move the leaves and turn them upward for dimension.

The background was created with distress ink and my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I glued clouds, making sure to overhang the edge of the card  in places to make the scene appear more natural. The flowers were molded with a small stylus from the Paper Bloooms Tool Kit and McGill Molding Mat.  I added tiny rhinestones to the centers for some sparkle.

One of the last things I added was the little fence.  It's an older die but Classy Card 'n Such carries the Poppystamps Country Fence die that would create the same sweet look.

Thanks for visiting today! I hope we have inspired you to join our weekly challenges!



There are lots of really great new items that have been added to the Classy Cards shop! Please keep your eyes on the NEW!!! section of the shop! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

1 comment:

Beverly Sager said...

What a sweet little scene - especially like the little white fence :D