Saturday, April 25, 2015

Flowering Almond

Hi there, Diane with you today.

Don't you love Springtime with all the buds and blooms? I certainly do, and in the Spring in Michigan ,we have a Blossom Queen and parade each May. Some of the beautiful blossoms here are Flowering Almond as shown below.

I had a what you might call a light bulb moment to make a few Flowering Almond blossoms of my own. What is rather unique about these, is what I used to create them with.

When you receive an order from Classy Cards 'n Such, it always arrives beautifully wrapped in pretty pink tissue.
I decided to not waste it and make a few flowers with it, recycle is always good!


To start I cut 3 layers of the tissue, stacked them and used Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings die to cut them. I pulled all the layers apart, then used a bit of Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive in the center of each flower to adhere. Once almost dry, I fluffed and crunched up the petals to get my blossoms.

I embossed a background with Cherry Blossoms EB folder by Anna Griffin. That was topped with Joy! Crafts Billies Circle die.

I cut a few branches using Impression Obsession Large Bird on a Branch die. I snipped the bird off on each branch, poor bird, I do that to him a lot!


I then added my blossoms, and 3 butterflies cut from Joy! Crafts Fantasy Butterflies.

The sentiment is from the JustRite stamp set Floral Basket
which was embossed, using Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Silver Detail embossing powder. I hope this helps you to rethink your own packaging and recycle into something beautiful!

Don't forget we have a weekly challenge. We would love to have you join us!


Welcome to all of our new blog followers! I'm so happy you are with us! Stay tuned in for our newsletters, and special sales and discounts. Every Sunday we have a new challenge running with a wonderful prize to be won. Invite your friends to play long. The more, the merrier!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: