Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Camper

Hi,  it's Jenny posting today with a name frame I made for my son.  I've made ones for my younger children but my oldest is bridging to Boy Scouts soon and I thought it was time I finally finish it.




I began with a 7.5" square of light blue paper.  The frame is 8"square.  I cut the letters with a die from my stash out of brown paper and then added distress ink with my Mini Ink blending tool to make them look a little dirtier.    I also added a clear glaze to the top of the letters so they'd have a more substantial "feel".  

I mounted the blue layer onto a larger sheet of green card stock with Joy Foam Pads.  The green layer was then backed with brown card stock to pick up the color from the letters.  I added the white mountains popping them up with Joy Foam Pads and then added the main Kraft foreground panel also adhering it with Foam Pads.  I distressed the Kraft card stock with green distress ink and a Mini Blending Tool.


I cut the Impression Obsession Fir Trees die out of a dark gray-green card stock.  I glued the ones in the background.  The ones closer to the foreground were adhered with foam pads.  I cut the Impression Obsession Evergreen Trees die with darker green card stock and positioned and glued them.

The PoppyStamps Fireplace Logs and PoppyStamps Warm and Cozy Fire die cuts were colored with distress ink.  The fire is popped higher with foam pads too.  I added a little gold paint to the edges of the fire for visual dimension and shine.  Last I adhered a tent die cut from my stash with Joy Foam Pads.

Thanks for looking and I hope this will inspire you to try to create a name frame of your own.  

Supplies
Kraft Card Stock



You are invited to the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop to see all the amazing products available!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...






Pin It

No comments: