Thursday, March 26, 2015

Butterfly Trio Tag

Hi everyone!  It's Diana posting today.  My craft desk is such a huge mess that I could no longer create in the little 4" x 5" clear space that I had left.  The clear area has to be at least as big as a card!  Otherwise I'll accidentally lay a stamped image on top of something like an open ink pad - not that that has ever happened!  Right!  

So while clearing and sorting through the layers of stuff on my desk, I found a scrap sheet where I had smooshed together different Distress Inks and Stains.  It looks like it had most of what I owned:  Brushed Pewter, Picked RaspberryPeacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, and Squeezed Lemonade. I just love how you can't go wrong mixing any of these colors together.  I die cut out three each of the PoppyStamps Cheviot Butterfly and Delaney Butterfly dies.  I wanted to go for a more natural tone so I used Kraft card stock for my base layer.  I used My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 for the large stitched rectangle and the curved tag on white card stock.  For some texture, I used an embossing folder from my stash and some green organza ribbon to tie it all together. 




After adhering my butterflies to my tag, I used Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add the butterfly bodies. LOVE this new step!


Hope you'll be seeing butterflies outside your windows soon!

Our Challenge Calendar has been updated to include May and June challenges!   Take a peek and make plans to play along for a fun prize as often as you can!  If you don't have the supplies you need, the Classy Cards 'n Such Shop carries something for each of the challenges!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time... Pin It

No comments: