Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thinking of You

It's Gracie with my Shabby Chic Heart for this week's challenge! The inspiration photo is beautiful! I hope you find time to join us this week with your crafty creation!



I die cut a pink mat with ODBD's Flourished Star Pattern and, layered it with a paper doily I cut with Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party. I also die cut a border with Spellbinders Mary Border Strip from White Pearl Linen. I sprayed it with a mix of Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Re-inker and water using an empty Spritzer Bottle, and I threaded pink Ribbon through the border. I adhered all these die cuts to the back of the pink layer using 1/2" Scor-tape


On top, I mounted a heart graphic I printed on White Pearl Linen and fussy cut. I stamped and heat embossed the heart in White Detail embossing powder, with a faux quilting stamp. Next I sponged the heart with Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick using a Mini Ink Blending Tool. I also decorated it with ribbon and lace, like the heart from the inspiration photo.

I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment in White Detail embossing powder from the new stamp set Parisian Postcard. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Heavyweight Vellum which I cut into a banner.

I decided to make some clay embellishments using some molds I made. Once set, I roughly painted them with white acrylic paint. When the paint dried, I sponged the heart piece a bit with Distress ink in Worn Lipstick. The paint certainly gave the embellishments a shabby, vintage look. I adhered the clay pieces with silicone glue to the heart together with the vellum banner.

Finally, I attached the embellished layer to a white card base cut with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.

I hope you enjoyed today's post! I can't wait to see what you create for the challenge! 


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...






 
Pin It

No comments: