Friday, February 27, 2015

No Place Like Home

Hello, Shirley here today posting another card with pretty blooms on it.  I received some Heartfelt Creation products this week and I couldn't wait to use them.



I started out using a sky color card base and added a layer of pink. Now the fun begins! I added the designer paper with the fence and flowers to build my card on.

I stamped my flowers and leaves in black ink using the Heartfelt Creations NEW Botanical Rose Stamps. I colored them with my markers and cut them out by hand. Beverly has some of the matching dies coming to the store soon. I used my stylus on them to give them some detail. I glued them together and placed a Joy Small  Foam Pads behind the flower and attached it to my card.

I used the Spellbinders Fancy Label Tags One die to cut my "No Place Like Home" sentiment from a scrap from the paper I used on my card. The same label die was used to  cut three more tags from the Sky card stock. I layered them behind the sentiment to give it a border and attached it to the card.

I used a hole punch and punched a hole for my May Arts Textured two tone Pink/White Ribbon to go through. Instead of tying a knot, I just twisted the ribbon and used adhesive to secure it. I place a self adhesive White Pearl over the top of it and added it to the tag. I also added a pearl to the flower center. I added some White Pearl Swirls from my stash going from the flower to the corner of the card. I stamped another flower, colored it and added it to the corner with a white pearl. *Note - if you go to the Classy Cards 'n Such online store, click on the Bling tab and you will find a section called Swirls, Brackets and More. There are Pearl Swirls in different colors.

That finishes up my card for today. I hope you like it! 


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





  

Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Shirley, this card definitely feels like "Home"! All the pink, blue, and green herald the coming of spring and that great paper with the picket fence, flowers and vines and the beautifully colored flower just adds to its charm! Thanks for a beautiful card to start my day!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, so gorgeous and elegant. The colors are so soft and pretty - Mother Nature needs to see your card to remind her that we are awaiting Spring!