Monday, February 23, 2015

Checks and Daisies

It is Shirley posting today. I am sharing a card with you today that I made for the Tea Party Challenge.  


I started my card using a rose colored card base.  I layered it with yellow card stock.  I used the Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, and white card stock to cut the decorative layer.  I adhered these three pieces together and added self adhesive gold beads.

I stamped the Inky Antics Daisy Bouquets image on white card stock, and colored it with markers. I used the plain oval die from the A2 Filigree Delight set to cut the image out. I stamped an extra daisy and fussy cut it and used a Joy Large Foam Pads to pop it up on the cup, once it was colored. I added brown checked eye candy, from my stash,   to the center of the daisies.

I used the Spellbinders Large Classic Scalloped Ovals to cut the yellow layer to go behind my image, and used a larger plain oval die to cut the rose colored card stock, to layer behind them. I used the Dots embossing folder, by Crafts Too, on the rose colored oval. I adhered these ovals together and added them to the card.  

Wherever you are today, I hope you are keeping warm.  It has been very chilly in my little corner of the world. I do not like the below zero temps that we have had.

Thanks, for looking at my card and come back later today, we will have another card posted for this challenge by another team member.


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 

Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

L-O-V-E this cup of sweet daisies, Shirley, and how you used all the colors in your flowers in the layers of your card! The ovals sit so well inside the filagree die and the beads and popped up daisy add a lot of character to this card - LOVE IT!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, your card is just beautiful and elegant. The daises are so very pretty and love the checkered centers.