Monday, January 19, 2015

Snow Birds

Hi, Shirley posting today! After seeing the inspiration photo for the challenge this week, I was inspired by the snowy branches with colorful snow birds so I tried to recreate the picture.


I chose to use a blue card base and followed with white card stock that I embossed with dots.  I used the Impression Obsession Rectangles 6-in-1 Frame to cut the blue frame the will encase my birds.

I took white card stock and used the Impression Obsession Pine Branch Die to cut my white branches. I attached them to white card stock and added glue.  I sprinkled them with Crystal Ice Glitter.  I used the Impression Obsession Birch Tree die to cut birds out of blue, red and yellow card stock. I attached the birds to the branches with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I used Joy Small Foam Pads to attach the blue frame over the branches.  I cut the pads to the fit under the frame without showing. 

I took red card stock and cut the hello with the Impression Obsession Greeting Set.

That finishes up my card for the day.  I hope you will join us again tomorrow!


There are new dies, stamps and stencils in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions!   You can see everything here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, gorgeous and elegant! Your card reminds me of the ice storm that hit back in the late 70's, maybe 1978 or so.

irishgreensue said...

Oh my goodness, Shirley, what a lot of detailed work on this gorgeous scene, but SO worth it all!!That's a lot of birds and the glittery snowy branches are a great place for them to be perched.! WOW!