Friday, January 2, 2015

Mittens 'n Snowflakes

It is Shirley posting today.  I have another Christmas card for you today.  It is pretty, quick and easy.  That is the card recipe we all are looking for now that we are in the mode of finalizing Christmas cards.



I started off today with a white card base. I cut the second layer of the card from BlueBell Star Dream Metallic card stock. Next I layered with bluebell paper with white card stock that I have embossed with an embossing folder from my collection. 

Now comes the fun part where we get to decorate the card. I used the  Impression Obsession Small Snowflake die set.to cut the snowflakes from glitter paper. I used the Memory Box Precious Mittens die using glitter paper and the BlueBell Star Dream Metallic paper. 

I stamped a verse from the Impression Obsession Christmas  Sentiments with VersaMark on the front of my white embossed card stock. I used Silver Detail embossing powder over the VersaMark. I placed the snow flake and mittens die cuts on my card and adhered them with Art Institute Clear Adhesive.  I used clear Rhinestones that I colored with a blue Copic marker to finish up my card. 

Thank you for taking a look at my card, and come back tomorrow for another great card.


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

2 comments:

Gail said...

Lovely card - I just love those mittens and the sparkle! TFS

irishgreensue said...

Shirley, the silver along with the white and Bluebell Metallic paper is a DREAM! Just enough embosiing so as not to take over the entire card front and leave lots of loving room for those adorable mittens!! - Sweet holiday card!!!