Thursday, January 1, 2015

Abstract Birthday

Hello friends, Mindy here, sharing a card for a masculine birthday with you today.  I have trouble making cards for gentlemen, whether they are family or friends.  I think it is all in my mind, but I am hesitant to begin designing them whenever a birthday is near.

I hope you will enjoy this card, and check out all of the New merchandise available at the Classy Cards n' Such online store.


I started by making my A2 size card base from a half sheet of the amazing So...Silk Glamour Green card stock. This paper is so beautiful, and makes such a wonderful card base. I then looked through my stash of mono and multi-print papers that I pulled from my Gelli Plate by Gelli Arts. I love making this printed paper in my spare time, when not designing cards.  I trim down my pages to fit the A2 size card so they are ready to use when I want to make a card or project. I then took a coordinating sheet from the Foil Paper - Textured Patterns 1 paper pack, and cut several squares and rectangles from it.

After adhering these shapes in a pleasing pattern I cut a sheet of the gold, from the same pack, with the Flower Vine die cut from Anna Griffin. I cut this design apart in three pieces and adhered them to the card front.

To complete this card, I attached a square of the textured paper with Large Foam Pads from Joy! to add some depth and dimension, and a birthday greeting from the Greeting Set dies from Impression Obsession.

I hope you have a wonderful day full of blessings!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






    
Pin It

1 comment:

Gail said...

I like the foil paper used on this creation TFS