Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Blooms

Hi, it's Jenny posting today.  Have you seen the new challenge inspiration photo?  I was so inspired to use something new and re-create my version of the beautiful photo.



I first cut my Memory Box Vintage Apothacary Jar die with white card stock. I covered it with Versamark ink and Stampendous Frantage embossing powder and heated with a heat tool.  I embossed the vase three times sprinkling and blending different colors of the Frantage embossing powder.  I was hoping to really coat the paper to make the jar look like mercury glass. After I achieved the color combination I wanted, I added a thick layer of Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy Crackle paint over the Frantage layer.  The jar die cut is quite thick and sparkly and looks like cracked glass.


While the jar die cut was drying I cut the branches out of two different Memory Box dies.  I colored them with distress ink and added a bit of the crackle paint to the edges to resemble ice.  I also added a bit of clear Stickles.

The snowflakes were cut using the Impression Obsession Small Snowflakes die.  They were cut out of a pretty blue paper that picked up the color of the blue glitter in the Frantage Embossing powder.  I used only the two smallest snowflake dies in the set and covered the snowflakes in clear Stickles. After gluing the snowflakes, I added different colors and sizes of Rhinestones and Baby Pearls to the branches to mimic the ornaments in the inspiration photo.


Last (but I really should have done this first), I sprayed my brand new irresistible white dimensional spray around the arrangement, making sure to cover the stacked blue and brown card stock layers on the sides.  I wanted to make a clean and simple card but without the dots of spray, the card seemed to need something else.

I used Joy! Foam pads to attach the vase to the paper and again on the back of the top card layer to give the card more dimension.

I can't wait to see the new products you use for our latest challenge.  Remember, you can get 10% off your Classy Cards 'n Such purchase if you use coupon Jenny-10.  Thanks for looking!


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page. 

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

No comments: