Thursday, December 4, 2014

Rustic Poinsettias

Hello there, it's Gracie. Today I want to share a tag I made for this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such - Challenge #61 Christmas Tags.

I used a lovely pre-printed tag from my collections of designer papers and pads. I picked up on the Burned Red and Beige colors from the tag, and added Green as a third color, to create a nice, earthy combination. I used beige card stock for the die cuts entirely, and colored them with ink afterwards, that way I could have a hint of beige everywhere.


I die cut two Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, trying to make them small, by using only the smaller die cuts. I cut some petals from Poppystamps Small Blooming Poinsettia die cut for the leaves too, since the original leaf die is too large to fit the small tag. I colored the poinsettias with Barn Door Distress Ink and the leaves with Peeled Paint distress ink using a Mini Ink Blending Tool from Ranger.

I die cut two coordinating labels with Spellbinders Fancy Label Tags One. I stenciled the labels with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, but I applied much less ink to the smaller one. I adhered the larger label to the tag with 1/2" Scor-Tape, and mounted the smaller label on top using foam tape.

Finally I stamped a sentiment with Our Daily Bread Designs Silk Stars stamp set, with ink in Bark color.

To finish, I added about a half dozen Le Creme Baby Pearls and finished the design, giving the flowers a delicate look!

I love how the tag turned out. It will certainly be added to a Christmas gift this year!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my little tag! Check out the supplies used on Classy Cards 'n Such store. I also invite you to browse the NEW products added recently, and the Clearance section for some great deals!

If you missed our recent Black Friday sale, no worries... Use my code Gracie-10 so you can get 10% off your entire order, clearance products included! How about that? 


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done, loving all the details!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the tag and the poinsettias.