Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Music Shaker Card

Diana here today... Did you get something good for Christmas?   The challenge this week is to use something new.

I actually got this die a month ago but haven't gotten a chance to use it so it's new to me!  I'm combining a couple of techniques here for a very fun card:  in-laid die-cutting and a shaker card.


The first thing I did was use the large stitched rectangle in MFT Blueprint 13.  I then die-cut a smaller rectangle using a die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. 

After removing the rectangle, I placed the Memory Box Virtuoso Music where I wanted to go inside the opening, making sure it went over the edge of the opening. Make sure you keep the extra little pieces to glue back in! 

I then die-cut the same music from both black and white card stock. I cut a piece of acetate, ( I used the packaging from my Spellbinder dies), bigger than the opening. To make sure my shaker card will hold up being handled and not fall apart, I used Scor-tape, (my favorite strong adhesive), to adhere the acetate to the back of front panel. I then glued the black music die-cut back into the front and then the white just a bit off on top of the black for a shadow effect.


I then glued the black music die cut back into the front and then the white just a bit off on top of the black for a shadow effect. After everything dried, I flipped it over, added large foam pads all around the opening, added a variety of bling, and then sealed it with a sheet of card stock that I had colored with Distress Stains in Picked RaspberryPeacock Feathers, and Broken China.

Hope you like it and get a chance to try your hand at one! 


There are new dies, stamps and stencils in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions!   You can see everything here. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





  
 
Pin It

No comments: