Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Tags

Good Morning, Joy here for Classy Cards 'n Such.  Have you ever had a project that just didn't go as planned? Well today I'm here to tell you, most can be turned around. I'll try to explain. I had in mind to make a card using the background stamp called Vines.

First I painted 5" x 5" pieces of card stock with Twinkling H2Os, red on one side and green on the other.  Second I heat embossed Vines with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder, after each side had completely dried. Then proceeded to cut the 5" x 5" piece to  card size. I trimmed it TOO small! So I looked in my "stash" and found some different sized pieces of white card stock and decided to make them into gift enclosures.  Here they are:


Smallest card measures 2 1/2 x 2 1/2

Largest card measures 3 1/2 x 4

I heat embossed the fancy Merry Christmas from Noel Christmas Ornaments by JustRite. The tiny strip of gold was made by covering a piece of card stock with Versamark and embossed using the Gold embossing powder. I did this so my gold leaves, sentiment and tiny gold strip would match exactly.

I then cut that gold embossed card stock into tiny strips and attached to top of vines pattern.  I added 3 little Red or Green Rock Candy to each gold strip and rounded the corners.

On the back of each little card I stamped  Handmade Original by (see in the corner) from the stamp set by Our Daily Bread called Path of Life.

Here's hoping you measure twice and cut once. Thanks for looking at my project. Have a happy stamping day!




Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





  

Pin It

No comments: