Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Dots

Hi, it is Shirley posting today.  I am sharing a card that was inspired by wrapping paper.  In the picture, some of the wrapping paper had dots and this paper I had in my stash with the ornaments on it reminded me of the paper in the inspiration picture.


I started my card by making a white base, a layer of red, a layer of green and a layer of white dotted embossed paper that was created with the Dots embossing folder.

I used the Memory Box Pillar Candle Trio die, and cut the candles from the ornaments paper. I used the same die to cut candles from red and green paper along with some scrap yellow paper that I put behind the flame.  

I stamped Merry Christmas with a stamp from the Christmas Sentiments set by Impression Obsession.  I used Small Joy Foam pads to pop the sentiment up over the candles.

I have to say I really like this candle die as it is easy to work with and really makes a quick card. 


There are new dies, stamps and stencils in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions!   You can see everything here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Love this card in the traditional Christmas colors - very cool how you die cut the candles out of ornament paper - super festive!!