Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baby Shower

Hi, it's Jenny posting again! I made this for my friend to give at a shower. The invitation was blue and brown so I tried to use those colors.


I cut the umbrella from an old die, but you could achieve the same look with the new Spellbinders Umbrella Trio die that as been added to the New section at the Classy Cards 'n Such shop. I cut the umbrella from a piece of Authentique paper I had in my stash. I added Rhinestones to the centers of the stars on the umbrella. 

I cut a white oval using the new Spellbinders Oval Bliss die and then sponged Antique Linen distress ink onto it using the die as a stencil. The yellow dotted paper is from an older 12x12 older paper pad.  Once I liked the shading on the circle, I adhered the umbrella using Joy! Foam Pads.  I doubled up the pads on the center of the umbrella to add more dimension and give a rounded appearance to the die.  The sides are also popped with Joy! Foam Pads but I didn't add an extra layer so the sides would sit closer to the paper.

For the brown layer I cut a piece of Kraft card stock but then decided I wanted something a little darker, so I brushed Distress Ink around the edges to darken the Kraft paper before I glued the layers together. 

I added a boy with a small button and voila!  This was a quick card if you need something for a shower in a snap.  Thanks for looking and remember to use code JENNY-10 for 10% off your next order.


Don't forget to check back in tomorrow! We start a new challenge #65 - Time For A New Year! Invite your crafty family and friends to join you in the challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 



Pin It

2 comments:

Stef H said...

this is stunning!

got my package. boy you are quick.. and how nice you wrapped it. thank you so much.

happy new year.

hugs :)

Beverly Bohannon said...

Thanks Stef! My mom does the wrapping and enjoys doing that. Happy New Year to you too!!!

Hugs,

Beverly