Monday, November 10, 2014

Holiday Sparkle


Hello Classy Friends, Diane with you today!

Our challenge this week is to make a project with an Ornament theme. I had so many idea's for this, but narrowed it down to the one I am showing you below!!

 

I started with a beautiful piece of designer paper from the Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace paper pack. Not only is the paper in this pack gorgeous, but who could resist that name?

I cut out a snowflake background using Pearlized Esse White Metallic 105# cardstock. Oh my goodness, this paper is beautiful!! Wonderful shimmery weight for all your holiday projects!

The die I used for the background is Impression Obsession Snowflake Background. Look how delicate and beautiful the snowflakes are!

I cut an ornament first from Memory Box Traditional Ornament die and next, using Memory Box Lydia Ornament die. One was layered on top of the other.

I have to tell you I bought this ornament die not only for it's beauty but also for it's name. I had someone in my life, that meant a lot to me that has since passed away, and her name was Lydia, so I knew I just had to purchase it.  Do you ever buy things for their names?

I added a silver bow and tied my ornament with silver cord, adding it to the bow, which allowed it to hang down like a real ornament.

I encourage you to join in our weekly challenges. Each challenge is so much fun with the inspiration photos.Take a peek at what the other Design Team members have to inspire you, leave a comment, we love hearing from you!!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located in the right side of the blog page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! The ornament is stunning!! Love the snowflake background!! So beautiful!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts