Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Winter Centerpiece

Hello Classy Friends! Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.

This week our challenge is Candy Cane Christmas using red, white, and a touch of green. I have to say I have had this idea for this card for quite some time, so it was fun when I finally got to pull it all together!


I started with the Winter Large Snowflakes Memory Box stencil. If you haven't tried stenciling yet, give it a go as it is a beautiful way to make backgrounds!

Using Dreamweaver Embossing paste, I applied it to my stencil with a Palette Knife. I quickly removed the stencil,  and immediately covered my stenciled image with Crystal Ice glitter. * A tip when stenciling is to have a small pan of water nearby to drop your knife and stencil in. The embossing paste dries very quickly, and this way it protects your tools and stencils until you can clean them up!*

For the centerpiece I cut Memory Box Vintage Apothecary Jar, and filling it with Impression Obsession Fir Sprig Set which I coated with a chunky, snow-like glitter.

The candy canes are from Impression Obsession Christmas Icons. The white twigs I cut a tree die, then cut it apart to give me twigs. The holly was a die I had on hand. I finished with Christmas Red Pearls and White Pearls.

Are you inspired to join in our challenge? We would love to see your creation!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. New Wild Rose Studio stamps, Distressed Spray Stain, Memory Box dies have been added and more! Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 







Pin It

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful, Diane.

joy said...

I love this wreath. It is absolutely beautiful!