Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Snowy Wreath

Hello Friends! Mindy with you today, sharing a snowy Christmas Wreath card I enjoyed playing with this week. It is an assembled wreath, with lots of tiny pieces, but once the pieces are cut it is easy to put together.


The background paper was a scrap of Fancy Pants Christmas pad, I had left on my desk.  The colors were so soft and frosty, I decided to use it for the theme of my card.

I started by cutting the Twig Wreath from Impression Obsession, as the base of my wreath. I used my favorite Joy! Large Foam Pads to attach it to the card front. I then took some Cryogen White Curious Metallic card stock, and plain white card stock, and cut the New Ponderosa Pine Sprig die from Dee's Distinctively Designs FIVE times. There are three different size sprigs in this die set, and when they are all cut it is very easy to glue them to the base to form a beautiful circular wreath.

For embellishment I adhered various snowflake sequins, Baby Pearls- White, and a die cut bow to add a bit of sparkle to my wreath. I also found a strip of Ivory Metallic stock that I had embossed with the Crowned Medallion embossing folder border strip from Anna Griffin, and added it to the printed ribbon embellishment on the paper. 

I really enjoy making frosty, snowy cards for the holidays because we don't see much snow down in South Texas where I live. I hope you have a snowy, happy Christmas wherever you are!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

 Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






   
Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Lovely use of the sprig