Monday, October 20, 2014

Falling Leaves

Hello, it's Diana! Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such Fall Picnic Inspiration Photo Challenge.


I used the largest stitched die in My Favorite Things Blueprints 15 for my front panel. I then arranged my leaves from the Impression Obsession Little Small Leaf Set, so that they look like they are drifting down on my panel. This method of using the negative of the dies makes a great impact on an otherwise simple card. Underneath I had used some watercolor paper I had done a wash in with fall colors. Adding a piece of cling wrap over the paper while wet adds some wonderful texture.

For some extra shimmer, I swiped Tim Holtz Antique Bronzed distress stain across the top. Lot of Joy! Small Foam Pads gives the card some great dimension. I also used the Foam Pads to pop up my sentiment that I had embossed in Gold Detail embossing powder.


Finally I used my 1/8" hole punch on a couple of my precious Spellbinders Precious Metals Craft Foil Sheets to add some "sprinkles" to my card. 

Thank you so much for looking, and hope you can play along with our challenges!


Classy Cards 'n Such just added cute new Heartfelt Creations stamps and a compatible die, JustRite, Wild Rose Studio Christmas paper pads! New 2014 Memory Box 2014 Collection of dies and stencils are here and more! Check out the NEW section here.
 
If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. We have fantastic customer service and shipping.
   
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...











Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Love the idea of the negative impact!! Now I can break open my dies and make a pretty fall card!!