Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy Poppy Fields

Hello, friends, Mindy here to share with you a special card of remembrance and thoughts of you.

Poppies are one of my favorite flowers, and according to Wikipedia poppy flowers are a symbol of remembrance.



One of the new Stacy Stamps Poppieshas a single flower stamp, and a cluster of flowers corner edge stamp in the same package. Here where I live in So. Texas the bright red poppies are one of our wildflowers that start to bloom in late April in fields and along the roadways. I stamped the single flower on a sheet of white card stock, and using my  markers, colored in the flower and leaves. I fussy cut around the image, and highlighted the edges with a Wink of Stella gold glitter marker. 

To prepare the background, I stamped the Wood Texture Cover-a-Card stamp on a sheet of white card stock using Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then took the Claudette Frame from PoppyStamps, and ran the die and stamped paper through my Cuttlebug machine to get my wood look frame. 

I adhered it to the card front with 1/4" Scor-Tape, and used Large Joy! Foam Pads to add dimension to the poppy flower. 

I the tied a strip of twine around the card twice, and tied the ends in a square knot. Then using a Spellbinder's A2 Matting Basics A die, I stamped the Thinking of You sentiment and colored it in with the Wink of Stella gold glitter pen. There is a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen available at Classy Cards 'n Such online store.

I added some of the Black Pearl Pen from Viva Decor, in the center of the flower, and White Baby Pearls around the frame and sentiment strip for a little more bling.

Why not remember a friend by making them a hand-stamped card, and sending it today?  They will really appreciate the thought!

Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my card!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: