Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fancy Fold "Z" Card

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you on the blog today! I have been making so many A2 cards that I decided to step a bit out of the box and get slightly more creative!

Today I have a very easy and fun card to show you, a "Z" card. I'm sure you have seen these here and there and I noticed there are several versions of them. I went for  the "simple" version!


My card was started with a cream card stock base. I covered the front and back of the card for a more professional look, starting with the front using Stardream Serpentine Pearlized Metallic paper, which I embossed with a Crafts Too Mini Fans embossing folder.

The rest of the card was covered with beautiful papers from the Prima Zephyr 6x6 paper stack.


Before adhering all my papers down with 1/2" Scor-Tape,
I used the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool with Tim Holtz Distressed Inks, on all edges of my papers. I think it gives a more finished look to the card, blending all the papers together.

I used a ribbon from my stash on one of the panels of the card, which I glued a resin Whimsy Heart to the bows center.


To decorate the front of my card I cut two sets of Memory Box Blushing Bouquet that I colored with copics. The little bow on the front is so precious! It is Memory Box Tiny Bow.

The inside of the card I used a sentiment from JustRite Poppies Label Twenty Nine which was stamped and cut on Spellbinders Floral Ovals.


If you would like to try one of these cards, I have a "rough" diagram for you ,this is very easy using a 8 1/2" x 11" card stock. Save the upper piece to make a smaller version of the "Z" card!


I hope this has inspired you to try one of these cards. They are so fun and easy! The hard part is deciding how you want to decorate them!

Don't forget we have a weekly challenge, just click on the current challenge tab and join in with us. Have a great day!


Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right column. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The z fold is fabulous!! Love the beautiful papers you used!! What a stunning card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

joy said...

Wow! Cool technique and I love your sweet little flowers.