Saturday, August 2, 2014

Blue Glitter Peony

One of our alumni designers, Holly Brown, shared many of her wonderful cards with us. Today we are featuring one of her cards.


Hi everyone, it's Holly posting today.   I was in the mood to play with some glitter, and this turned out so soft and pretty, I decided to make it a sympathy card.


I started by cutting a piece of 6"x 6" Double-Sided adhesive Scor-Tape sheet, with the Lovely Peony Background die.  I then cut out the Lovely Peony Outline die with white cardstock, and then I carefully adhered it to the adhesived peony background die cut.

The open parts of the flower were covered with the gorgeous blue Fascination glitter, which I burnished in with my finger and then tapped off. All the excess glitter was returned to the jar and I set the flower aside while I made my card.

The card base is a white cardstock, and then I added a smaller layer of Kraft cardstock.  I then cut a piece of the gorgeous soft blue paper from the Bellisima A5 Paper Pack and adhered it to the Kraft layer.  A small strip of the Kraft was glued near the bottom of the blue paper.

I stamped the sentiment from the With Sympathy (JustRite) at the top.  Finally, I affixed the glittery peony flower to the card.


What a beautiful sympathy card! Thanks Holly! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

Aww! Love it! Just perfect.

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous. I love the blue glitter.