Friday, May 16, 2014

Silk and Butterflies

Hello Classy Friends!

This week at Classy Cards 'n Such our challenge is Lilac Festival. Make a paper project using lavender, purples and neutral colors.


For my challenge card, I chose to make a round shaped card. I first cut a base from a Spellbinders basic circle die. I cut my top layer using a Spellbinders Heart Circles die.

I didn't stop there as I stenciled the die cut using a Memory Box Texture Mesh stencil. I sponged on two colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink, first a lighter color Shaded Lilac,then went back over here and there, and sponged with Tim Holtz Dusty Concord. To sponge on my colors, I used the new Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool. I love how the background looks on this card!

I added three various size butterflies using Joy! Crafts Butterfly Trio dies, cut from the gorgeous So Silk Fabulous Purple 130# card stock!

I added Purple Baby Pearls to my butterflies. To finish my card, I stamped a sentiment from the JustRite stamp set Hello Daisy.

I would love to see you join us in our challenge this week!


Your card looks fabulous! Thanks Diane! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used. 

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next week...

 
Pin It

No comments: