Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hollyhocks and Butterflies

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today.

I have a very cheerful Spring card to share with you that I made for our challenge Garden Party.


I love the colors of this card..I call them "happy colors"! 

I started with the gorgeous Stardream Serpentine Pearlized Metallic 105# cardstock. What can I say about this paper except...you will love it! A beautiful light green, metallic paper that has become a favorite!

I next used Impression Obsession Large Fence die cut. if you could see this card up close, you would notice a nice wood grain embossing on the boards. After cutting your fence, run it through your machine again, (in proper stacking order for your machine), and you get all the wonderful wood grain effect!

Next I cut two sets of Impression Obsession Hollyhocks die cut. An interesting part of this die is, it comes with four little separate flower dies you can cut to layer for a "3D" look! I colored my flowers with Copic markers in a coral color.

The Butterflies, (yes I know I use these a lot), are from Joy! Crafts. They come in a set of 3, the one I used being the smallest. I do love this die set, the butterflies are a perfect size and shape!

I hope you will join in our weekly challenge and "WOW" us with your creations this week!




Wow, your garden is bursting with colors! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
  
    Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What an absolutely stunning card!! The hollyhocks look amazing!! This is gorgeous!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts