Sunday, April 27, 2014

Damask Blue Love

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  When I was making this card, I was in the mood to get back to my stamping roots and get inky.  So I pulled out my stamps from Classy Cards 'n Such and put this together.


I started by very lightly sponging some medium blue ink over the Texture Mesh stencil onto white cardstock.

Next, I stamped the Worn Rose Branch, from Impression Obsession, right over the stenciled area. Using a dark blue ink, I stamped the sentiment from the With Love  by Stampavie, at the bottom.  This piece was matted with a blue cardstock, and I curled the corner to give it a little dimension.

I stamped the Damask Cover-a-Card background by Impression Obsession, onto white cardstock using the Mega Mount tool. This is invaluable for helping you to stamp with your larger stamps like backgrounds. I adhered this background to a blue card base and then I glued the rose branch piece to my card.

Sometimes a gal just has to play with her stamps, and that's exactly what I did. I love how the rose branch looks with the faded stencil-work in the background, and that damask background looks so rich and elegant.


Your card looks so elegant and classy! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  Pin It

No comments: