Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Kraft Damask Thoughts

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!

I wanted to create a feminine card without using any reds or pinks or purples, so I challenged myself to see what I could come up with. I used a rather masculine color combo of Kraft, Green, Teal, and White.




I used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such on this card:

Damask Cover a Card background stamp
Anytime Sentiments stamp set 
Teal Velveteen Micro-fine Glitter
Kraft cardstock
Fanciful Flourish Left die - SOLD OUT

I started by stamping the sentiment at the bottom of the Kraft cardstock, and then I used a couple of sticky notes to mask off an angled area at the bottom. With the sticky notes covering up the sentiment and the angled bottom part of the Kraft cardstock, I then stamped the Damask Cover a Card background on the top part.

A strip of the Scor-Tape 1/4" was applied to the bottom of the Damask stamped piece. I covered the adhesive with the Teal Velveteen glitter. Ooh, that velvet glitter is just gorgeous!

I then cut out the Shasta Daisy Strip with white cardstock, colored the tips with a teal Copic marker, and used the tweezers from the Paper Blossom Tool Kit to curl each one of the petals.  I used a rhinestone brad to assemble the flower and then I affixed the flower to my card.

The flourish was cut out from green cardstock, and I cut some of the pieces apart and then I tucked them in around my flower. The flourish die that I used is sold out, but you could use the Fanciful Flourish, as well as the Mini Fanciful Flourish. Once the flower and the flourishes were in place, I adhered my Kraft piece to white cardstock, and then I adhered that to a green card base.

I love how this turned out, and I know a few ladies who would love to get this card in the mail.  Believe it or not, there are some ladies who abhor the "girly" colors of pink and purple and pastels.  Hee hee!  I myself love ALL colors and I can see this card layout done in many other color combos.  What colors would you use if you were making this card?


Your card is so warm and lovely! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

    
Pin It

No comments: