Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Floating By To Say Hi

Hello Classy Friends! Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog. This week our challenge is Raining Cats and Dogs with an "optional" umbrella!

I really thought this would be a fun challenge being the pet lover I am. Nothing is cuter then this adorable stamp I have used from Stampavie, designed by Penny Johnson, called Floating Down The River.


I colored my image with Copics and added lots of fun detail. I applied Mercury Glass stickles for the water drops, real blush for the kitties cheeks, and to bling it up a bit, Baby Rhinestones-Red on the umbrella tips!


This was one of those times when you get done with an image then you think "Now where do I go from here?" It had me stumped for awhile, then all of a sudden grass and clouds came to mind. I cut 3 "fluffy" white clouds using Memory Box  die Puffy Clouds. After cutting the clouds I embossed them with Crafts Too Dots embossing folder.

Next, I cut my  Impression Obsession Grass Border die. I used a bit of water downed Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Marker on the grass to give it a bit more dimension. I also wanted to mention that there are several more "grass dies" too choose from in the store...you can find them here.

I also used some basic supplies:


I hope I have inspired you to join in our challenge this week!

Your card is so cute and sweet! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
Pin It

No comments: