Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Rainbow of Glitter

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today! Have you played in our new Rainbow of Colors challenge yet? This is a fun challenge. Just make a card or project with all the different colors of the rainbow. You don't have to have an actual rainbow on there - just the colors.

With this in mind, I pulled out all the different glitters I have and I had a ball!  It was so much fun to play with all these glitters.  They have different textures as well as different colors, so there is a lot of visual interest on this card.


I started by stamping the sentiment at the bottom.  This sentiment is from the Stampavie Celebrate stamp set.

Next, I pulled out my 1/4" Scor-Tape and laid down six lines of tape at a diagonal above the sentiment. I carefully peeled off one liner at a time and covered with glitter.  I repeated this for each of the six colors. I used the following glitters (from top to bottom, purple to red):



I love the contrast of the fine velvet glitters against the chunky distress glitters. The colors are gorgeous, and the glittery shimmer makes my eyes happy!

Play along in the Rainbow of Colors challenge - you could win a fabulous prize!


Your card really is a rainbow of color! Thanks Holly! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   Pin It

1 comment:

Diane said...

Pretty card Holly...a great idea to use glitter...love it!!