Monday, January 27, 2014

Let's Get In Shape

Hi everyone! It's Diane today!

This week at Classy Cards 'n Such, the challenge is to Get In Shape. Make a shaped card other then a circle, square, regular A2 card, etc.


I don't know about you, but I LOVE shaped cards!!  They can be so fun and unique!  So, lets get right to it!!

I made my cute dresser card starting with the base paper from Classy Cards 'n Such. This is a wonderful 111# weight paper called Nude Curious Metallic, a beige paper with a hint of pink in it! I cut four panels, one larger for the drawers to sit on and three drawers.  I inked around the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Old Paper.

Brads were added to each for the dresser pulls. For the bottom of my dresser, I used Spellbinders Vintage Labels and Banner Dies, using the smallest label die, and just using the top part!! I love how this looks like a real dresser and the embossing detail from the die really adds to it!

Sticking out of the dresser drawers are two doilies. The doilies were made using a Cheery Lynn Designs Snowflowers Set 1 die. For the second doily, I cut off a piece from Cheery Lynn Designs Border die Border Carnivale.  For fun, I added four playful little kitties using the new, just released die from PoppyStamps Baby Kittens.

Thank you for joining me today. I hope my card has inspired you to join us this week in our Get In Shape challenge!


What a cute and playful card! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Diane used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh my, what a cute idea! I love how you have the doilies sticking out and the cats are a riot! Great card!