Wednesday, December 11, 2013

CAS Poinsettia card

Hi Classy friends! It's Holly posting today.

I have a CAS (clean and simple) Christmas card to share with you.  I'm thinking this is going to be my Christmas card for friends and family this year. It is so fun and easy to create!



I started by die cutting the poinsettia with the Small Blooming Poinsettia from PoppyStamps, using white cardstock.  I actually cut the whole thing twice, and then I cut out three more leaves from the little bits and pieces of leftover white cardstock.

With my white pieces sorted out, I used the Winter 2011 Seasonal Ink Pads bundle to color the flower.  I sponged the poinsettia petals with the Festive Berries Ink Pad.  The leaves were sponged with the Evergreen Bough Ink Pad, and then the little stamen pieces were sponged with Squeezed Lemonade Ink Pad from the Spring 2012 Seasonal Ink Pads bundle. I wanted some glitter on the tiny little yellow stamen pieces, so I pulled out my Champagne Stickles and dabbed it all over the two pieces and let it dry completely.

While the Stickles were drying, I cut my white cardstock to 5.5" x 8.5" and then folded it in half.  I inked up the A Merry Little Christmas stamp with black ink, and stamped it onto my white card.  This stamp actually has a tiny little tree on the right side of the sentiment.  When I was inking up this stamp, I used a piece of paper to cover the tree so it wouldn't get any ink on it.  That way ONLY the sentiment was stamped on my card.

After making sure the Stickles were dry, I glued all the poinsettia together, glued the leaves to the back of the flower, and then glued the glittery stamens in the center of my poinsettia.  I then adhered the festive poinsettia to the right of my sentiment.

I love how this simple white card really enhances the colorful poinsettia.  Sometimes all you need is a gorgeous accent piece to make a card come alive!


Cute card and so simple! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products  used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 

Pin It

No comments: