Sunday, November 3, 2013

Single Fall Mum

Hi, it's Misti today!
Have you seen all of the mums blooming?  They seem to have popped up in every store I have gone in lately.  I really like the burgundy ones the best!  The burgundy flowers with the green leaves just seem to pop.
  


I had a piece of the green designer paper leftover, so I used it to build my card around it.  Since it wasn't big enough for a whole panel, I thought it would be a perfect accent backdrop for the mum.

Starting out with my base card, I adhered a piece of black cardstock.  To add a little dimension, I embossed a white piece of cardstock using the Dots embossing folder.

Using the dotted scallop border from Blueprints 6 by My Favorite Things, I cut a piece of black cardstock to add a pop of color, between the green designer paper and the white embossed piece.

I stamped the single Chrysanthemum in black and water colored it using the Barn Door Distress Ink Marker and Peeled Paint Distress Ink Marker.  It dried quickly since I only used two colors.  I layered black cardstock behind image panel and taped everything down.

I pulled out my black pearls and put one in each corner of my card.
Supplies used:
 
Chrysanthemum by Flourishes
Dots embossing folder
Blueprints 6 by My Favorite Things
White and Black cardstock

If you sign up for the newsletter, you can receive special news about discounts, specials and new items in the store!


Lovely card! Thanks Misti!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products  used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: