Sunday, November 24, 2013

Elegant Topiary and Cheery Lynn SALE!!!

Select Cheery Lynn dies are 

25%-40% off!!!  
Quantities are limited so hurry!! 

Find Cheery Lynn dies 
and other recently reduced items


Hi, it's Misti !

I've been seeing the chalkboard technique pop up everywhere.  That was my intention when I started this card, but when I picked out the designer paper, I decided it was a little more elegant. So I just went with the embossing on the black cardstock and didn't do any sponging around the edges.  



I chose the Holiday Topiaries by Flourishes that reminds me of "a partridge in a pear tree".  I inked up my stamp with white pigment ink and stamped it onto the Black Layering Swatch panel.

I sprinkled White Detail embossing powder over the ink and heat embossed it. The detailed powder doesn't hide the details of the intricate stamp.

The designer paper is from the Turtle Dove 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Christmas paper pad by Kaiser Craft pad. I went with the piece that looks like a sheet of music... again with the theme "a partridge in a pear tree."  I added it to a layer of black cardstock and then layer it on the white card.

I added a piece of Red Satin String for a pop of color and it adds a touch of elegance.  

Are you singing "The 12 Days of Christmas" now, like I am???


Your card turned out beautiful! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

No comments: