Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Holly, Bow, & Bling

Hi!  It's Jenn posting today.

I wanted the focus of my card to be on the bow from the Flourishes stamp set That's a Wrap. So, that's where I began my creative process. I stamped the bow image, colored it with Copic markers and then cut it out with detail scissors.




My card base is made from Stardream Jupiter metallic cardstock and measures 5.5 x 6.5 inches. This is a lovely, shimmery red that is perfect for both Christmas and Valentine's Day. To the base I added a gold script patterned paper from the Holly Bright 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Christmas paper pad by Kaisercaft.

I placed the bow in the center of the gold script paper. I didn't like the way the bow looked alone, so I decided to stamp and color the holly leaves with berries, also from the That's a Wrap Flourishes stamp set. I cut them out and placed them in the center of the bow.

For my sentiment, I used the tag image with "Happy Holidays" stamped inside it.  I cut it out and adhered it in between the bow and holly leaves.



Very rarely do I complete a card without using a die cut and this one was no exception. Using the Holly Corner by Cheery Lynn Designs and Stardream Emerald paper, I die cut two holly corners to adhere to the top left and bottom right corners. I completed the look by adding Baby Rhinestones - Red where the holly berries should be.


A beautifully wrapped card! Thanks Jenn!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Jenn used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Jenn! I love how you used the bow and ribbon from the stamp set. Great job coloring, it looks like a velvet on your card!! Adding the Holly and corners is gorgeous! I am really like the metallic papers also! Great card and well done!!