Friday, September 13, 2013

Simple Pumpkins

Hello! Diane with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog. Can you feel Fall is in the air?  Somehow September just feels "different".  Makes me think of apples, mums and pumpkins. It puts me right in the mood to make a  Fall card.


One of the things I love to do is try to think outside of the box with my dies. For some reason, I kept looking at the Cheery Lynn Designs Build A Flower #3 and some of the flower petals reminded me of pumpkins!!

*Quick Tip: Look at your dies and embossing folders from different angles. You might discover new shapes!!*

I went with that feeling and created this "elegant" Fall card. I colored my pumpkins with my PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit-Susan's Garden using the colors Diarylide Yellow and Orange.

The pumpkin leaves were made using the Cheery Lynn Designs Wreath Strip die and using the PanPastel colors Bright Yellow Green and Red Iron Oxide to color them. The pumpkins were popped up on an embossed background
using Crafts-Too! embossing folder Leafy Tree.

Here is a closer look at the card, so maybe you can see the detail better.




I hope you have enjoyed today's post..see you soon!!

Great tip with the dies! A very pretty card! Thanks Diane!

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Diane used.



Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! The embossed tree is fabulous!! I love the punch of color the pumpkins give!! Beautiful!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts