Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Framed Flowers

 Hi, it's Shelly posting today! I really let loose with colors on today's card. I invite you to follow along and then check out Classy Cards 'n Such store for great deals.
 

Supplies used:


I started with a plain white A2 card base and covered it with lavender card stock. To highlight, I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Purple Distress Ink.


The next step was to cut a frame using one of the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A dies that is about a 1/2 inch smaller than the card front and also one of the Spellbinders Labels Twenty-nine dies. 

To achieve this look, center the label die inside the mat die and tape the dies in position, cut, and emboss. It helps to emboss with the rubber mat for a clean cut. To create a 3-D effect, I attached the flat part of cut up paper egg cartons to the back of the frame.
 
Using another piece of white card stock, die cut Memory Box’s Bella Bouquet. I had to cut part of the die cut off to get it to fit inside of the frame.

For the background panel under the flower, I used glossy card stock and applied various ink colors blended together to acheive an alcohol ink technique called Polished Stone. This is a great way to create a background that does not overpower the die cut and provides good contrast. I cut this panel slightly smaller than the frame and attached it to the back of the frame.

Center the framed layers on the card base and attach.

Lay the Memory Box flower die cut inside the frame.  I had to cut apart the die cut to get it to look right.  When you are satisfied with the look, attach the die cut to the background.

Finally, in the lower right hand corner I attached three shiny bling pieces that I had in my stash.

I hope you enjoyed the card and steps used to create my card!  

Check out Classy Cards 'n Such for great deals on many of the supplies I used. If you are unable to find a product, you can email Beverly at the store and she will order it in for you! Now that's "Classy" service!


A beautiful work of art! Thanks Shelly!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Shelly used.

Thanks for stopping bye!!!  Until next time...

 
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oooh, purple is my favorite color. I absolutely LOVE how you blended the colors in the background. The whole card is so pretty!