Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Outer Stair Step with Texture

Hello Everyone. It's Jenn and today I am sharing an outer-stair step card with you.

I love all the "fun folds" card styles that are out there but, I am not a fold and score kind of girl. To be honest, I am intimidated by it. So when I saw that Classy Cards 'n Such had these pre-made Outer Stair Step Cards, I was so excited and just had to give them a try. 

I began my card by folding the mountains and valleys using the pre-scored lines on the card. Once I had the card folded, I wanted to add some texture to the entire card. So leaving it in it's folded state, I inserted it in the
Spellbinders Lovely Lattice M-Bossabilities and ran through my Cuttlebug. One side of this folder has swirls and lattice and the other has flowers and lattice. I went with the flowers and lattice. With this great design on the entire card base, I felt it was complete and set about adding my focal points and embellishments. 
I die-cut a Lacy Square to stamp my bird on; colored him up with Copics; distressed the edges with ink and adhered him diagonally onto the front panel using foam pads. I knew I wanted my sentiment peaking out from the center mountain so, I went ahead and die-cut another Lacy Square and stamped my sentiment on it and adhered to the center mountain also using foam pads. Now that my focal point and sentiment are done, it's time to embellish. My favorite part!

Using the yellow gingham patterned paper from Graphic 45's Secret Garden and the Exotic Butterfly Small #2 from Cheery Lynn Designs, I die-cut a butterfly to embellish the top right corner.

For finishing touches, I added a Sugar Bloom by Prima on the front panel. 
 
Jenn, I love that you embossed the stair step card!   Cute card!!

Click any of the gold links to purchase the products that Jenn used!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a pretty card. I love that you decided to emboss the whole card. It really is classy and elegant!